King’s Way Christian Schools has a tradition of assisting families of students that hope to attend King’s Way. We have a desire to serve God by meeting needs within the community, equipping students to impact their culture.
Variable Tuition awards are granted based on a family’s demonstration of need. Each family is responsible for deposits and all other school related costs.
Think You can’t afford Christian Education? Think Again!
Process & Timeline
- Student must be enrolled or have an enrollment application on file for the upcoming school year to be considered. The application for Variable Tuition is separate from the Enrollment Application through our Admissions Office.
- The Variable Tuition application fee is $35 (per family) and paid directly to Blackbaud Financial Aid Management (formerly SmartAid). This fee is non-refundable.
- Variable Tuition is only eligible towards K-12th grade tuition costs and families must apply annually. Learning Center tuition (12 month-PreK) and before/after school care) is ineligible.
In 2022/2023, King’s Way Christian Schools awarded $718,669 in need-based financial assistance to 170 of our students in grades K-12.
Funding your child’s education
School Code: 14073
- Applications are approved based on need and available funding through a first-come, first-serve basis.
- New student applications for the 2024-25 school year will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Applicants are encouraged to complete the application as soon as possible to ensure the most timely review and award notification. Any awards offered are contingent on enrollment acceptance.
- The priority application deadline for returning students is January 31, 2024. However, applicants are encouraged to complete the application anytime after December 1, 2023 to ensure the most timely review and award notification.
Variable Tuition Acceptance Guidelines
- Financial Requirement: Parents/guardians who are recipients of Variable Tuition are responsible for the remaining tuition balance plus any school-related fees such as athletic fees, childcare, school lunches, late fees, etc. Please know Variable Tuition will not cover all tuition and fees; in fact, the maximum award is 65% off current tuition rates for full-need families. All monthly tuition payments must be made on time. More than one late payment may result in the Variable Tuition award being reduced or revoked. Most awards coincide with the current award criteria by school level - 35% off ES tuition (grades K-5); 50% off MS tuition (grades 6-8); and 65% off HS tuition (grades 9-12).
- Volunteer Requirement: Families who are recipients of Variable Tuition are required to volunteer 20 hours of service to King’s Way per school year. The volunteer hour commitment will be outlined in the variable tuition agreement letter and volunteer opportunities will be communicated throughout the school year.
Variable Tuition FAQs
Q: How will I know if I qualify for aid or not?
A: Blackbaud Financial Aid Management (formerly Smart Aid) calculates a family’s need based on income, expenses, family size, assets, and debt information. The data is kept confidential and we do not disclose info about the results of your application. All variable tuition decisions including notification of an award will be made through your portal in Blackbaud Financial Aid Management
and/or via email by KWCS’ Variable Tuition Committee.
Q: How much aid is provided?
2: Variable tuition is awarded based on need. Awards vary and are made with economic sustainability in mind as it is our goal to partner with your family through high school graduation. Protocols are in place to limit variable tuition in three tiers depending on the school level to ensure families can afford successive tuition costs. The current award criteria is 35% off ES tuition (grades K-5); 50% off MS tuition; and 65% off HS tuition.
Once accepted, Variable Tuition is allocated according to the tuition plan selected by the family. For example, if a family chooses a 10-month payment plan, the Variable Tuition award is divided over 10 months and the family pays the remaining tuition due on the selected due date for the 10-month schedule.
Q: What do I include if I have not yet filed my current tax return?
A: Please include the most recently filed tax documentation you have available – Blackbaud Financial Aid Management can accept your 2021 or 2022 federal tax return for the 2024-25 school year with your current paystub information. Please keep in mind you need to submit all documents requested to provide an accurate summary of your family’s finances. Eligibility cannot be determined, and your application cannot be considered unless you provide all requested information. You can check the status of your application by logging into Blackbaud Financial Aid Management and make sure your application status is “Verified.” Applications that are “On Hold” or “Submitted” without documentation will not be considered.
Q: Who should complete the variable tuition application?
A: The applicant should be the individual(s) who the student resides with whether it is a parent, grandparent, or legal guardian. There is a section within the application where you can enter contributions from non-custodial parents and relatives. If there are two parent households involved, each parent household would need to apply separately to be considered for Variable Tuition.
Q: What if I want to edit my application?
A: Once an application has been submitted and paid, it can no longer be edited by a parent. However, if changes are necessary, a written statement with the applicable change and application ID can be sent to email@example.com.