King’s Way Christian Schools has a tradition of assisting families of students that hope to attend King’s Way. We have a desire to serve God by meeting needs within the community, equipping students to impact their culture.
Variable Tuition awards are granted based on a family’s demonstration of need. Each family is responsible for deposits and all other school related costs.
Think You can’t afford Christian Education? Think Again!
Process & Timeline
- Student must have an enrollment application on file for the upcoming school year.
- The variable tuition application fee is $35 (per family) and paid directly to SmartAid. This fee is non-refundable.
In 2020/2021, King’s Way Christian Schools awarded $696,902 in need-based financial assistance to 169 of our students in grades K-12.
Funding your child’s education
School Code: 14073
NEW & Transfer Students
- Applications are approved based on need and available funding through a first-come, first-serve basis.
- July 2021 update: Limited funds are available and our Variable Tuition process is coming to a close for the 2021-22 school year. Please keep this in mind if you apply after July 15th as funding may not be available.
- The application period for returning students is now closed.
Variable Tuition Acceptance Guidelines
- Financial Requirement: Parents/guardians who are recipients of financial aid are responsible for the remaining tuition balance plus any school-related fees such as athletic fees, childcare, school lunches, late fee’s, etc. All monthly tuition payments must be made on time. More than one late payment may result in the financial aid award being reduced or revoked.
- Volunteer Requirement: Families who are recipients of financial aid are required to volunteer 20 hours of service to King’s Way per school year. The volunteer hour commitment will be outlined in the variable tuition agreement letter, along with volunteer activities and opportunities. In the event King’s Way does not provide ample opportunities for families to serve, the families will not be penalized for not meeting the 20-hour requirement.
Variable Tuition FAQs
Q: How will I know if I qualify for aid or not?
A: Smart Aid calculates a family’s need based on income, expenses, assets, and debt information. The data is kept confidential and we do not disclose info about the results of your application. All variable tuition decisions including notification of an award will be made via email by KWCS’ Variable Tuition Committee.
Q: How much aid is provided?
A: Variable tuition is awarded based on need. Awards vary but do not exceed 65% of annual tuition costs.
Q: What do I include if I have not yet filed my current tax return?
A: Please include the most recent tax documentation you have available. If you are asked for a specific line from a tax document that you have not yet completed, please estimate the projected amount.
Q: Who should complete the variable tuition application?
A: The applicant should be the individual(s) who the student resides with whether it is a parent, grandparent, or legal guardian. There is a section within the application where you can enter contributions from non-custodial parents and relatives.
Q: What if I want to edit my application?
A: Once an application has been submitted and paid for it can no longer be edited by a parent. However, if changes are necessary a written statement with the applicable change and application ID can be sent to email@example.com.