King’s way 2021 Auction: A Virtual Event
Through the years, King’s Way’s Annual Auction has been a very effective vehicle that has allowed the school to bring people together, celebrate successes, and raise funds for a variety of school projects and activities. Until now, every auction has been live and held on a single evening. This year’s auction will be very different and will prove to be a unique opportunity to accomplish the same objectives. But the format will be very different. This year, we will have an “Auction Week” rather than a single evening event.
When: Begins Tuesday, May 11 @ 12pm. Event ends on Saturday, May 15th after the LIVE auction at 6pm.
Where: This is virtual event. Register today: https://kwcs.ejoinme.org/communitytickets
How it works:
The auction will begin “online” at noon on Tuesday, May 11, 2021 and end with a “Live Streamed” event at 6:00pm on Saturday, May 15, 2021. During the week, participants will be encouraged to view the auction site daily. As a participant you will be able to bid on items, view a short daily video about the school, and participate in a few surprises along the way. To become a bidder, a person must complete the free registration for the auction, which will include a form of payment.
There are six different ways to participate in the event (more info under FAQs):
- Silent Auction
- Live Auction
- Raffle Tickets
- Tickets for Gatherings
- Fund an Item
- Paddle Raise (Live Event)
What if I am a winning bidder?
If a winning bidder is located within the greater Vancouver, WA area, it is expected that you pick up your items on Sunday, May 16th. However, due to the uniqueness of this year’s auction, the school recognizes that some winning bidders may be located outside of the Vancouver WA area. While the school considers it a wonderful opportunity to involve grandparents, alumni, and others to this year’s auction, please consider the challenge that some items will offer in terms of delivery. The school is unable to bear the responsibility of delivery of larger items.
What are the details of the six ways to participate?
Although this year’s auction would be considered a Hybrid event (online and live streamed) the approach will follow some traditional patterns of past auctions, but new dimensions will be added. Participants will be able to:
- Bid on 20-25 Live Items for five days beginning May 11th. The bidding on these items will take place in two phases. Phase one begins at noon on Tuesday, May 11th and will end at 4:00pm on Saturday, May 15th. Bidding on Phase One will take place “online.” Bidding for Phase Two will take place during the Live Streamed event on Saturday evening. At the Live Streamed event the bidding for all the Live items will begin with the final bid during Phase One. On both the Live and Silent items, a bidder will locate the item of interest where the current bid is identified and be able to increase the bid appropriately.
- Bid on all Silent Items, including many classroom baskets. Bidding on these items will begin at noon Tuesday, May 11th end one hour after the Live Stream event is complete.
- Purchase Raffle Tickets. Anyone who is registered for the auction, as a reminder registration is free, will be able to purchase tickets for one or both of the two raffles that will be offered. The two raffles are titled: Fly Anywhere with Alaska Airlines ($50 per ticket) and Best of Live ($100 per ticket). Specific information regarding the raffles is on the registration page.
- Purchase a ticket to attend a Gathering. This year’s auction will offer two opportunities for the King’s Way family to Gather Together. Each Gathering requires the purchase of a ticket, each of which has a limited capacity. The Gatherings are: a Willows Fashion Show and After-Hours Party ($125 per ticket), and An Evening of Whiskey Tasting ($150 per ticket).
- Fund an Item
- Paddle Raise
Can you help me understand more about the raffles?
During Auction Week, anyone who is registered for the auction will be able to purchase tickets for one or both of the two raffles that will be offered. Proceeds from these raffles along with the entire auction will be used toward King’s Way’s Variable Tuition Assistance Program and the newly established Innovation Lab, scheduled to open September 2021. A short description of the raffles is offered below:
Fly Anywhere with Alaska Airlines: Through the generosity of the Devine family (Tim is the board chair of King’s Way Christian Schools), we are able to offer a $3,000 gift certificate that will allow the winner to travel to one of about 115 destinations where Alaska Airlines flies. This could include sites in the United State, Mexico, Canada, and Costa Rica. Raffle tickets are $50 per ticket. You may purchase as many as you wish.
Best of Live: This raffle has become an annual King’s Way Auction tradition. With one exception, the winner is able to choose any “Live Item” being offered in this year’s auction. The exception is the Vacation Package in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Tickets for this raffle are $100 per ticket. You may purchase as many as you wish.
- Black Butte Vacation Home
- Arizona Vacation Home
- Clyde Drexler Autographed Jersey
- Daminan Lillard Autographed Jersey
- Guided Fishing Trip
- Outdoor Water Feature
- Special Hosted Dinners for you and friends
- 2000 BMW Z3 Automobile
Please contact Terry Stokesbary at email@example.com with any questions.
# families registered
King’s Way Christian Schools is a registered non-profit organization under the IRS 501(c)3 requirement. Your gift is tax deductible. Our taxpayer ID # is 47-3890449.