International Student Program
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ADMISSIONS CHECKLIST
TUITION AND FEES
CHECKLIST AND INFO
The Ultimate American Education AND Experience
King’s Way Christian School is a non-denominational Christian school located in beautiful Vancouver, Washington just 15 minutes from the Portland International Airport. We’ve served international high school students (Grades 9-12) from around the world for over a decade. King’s Way is a great choice for studying abroad because King’s Way offers AP (Advanced Placement) courses, concurrent college credits, competitive athletics, and other activities. But there’s more!
What makes our school different? King’s Way is not just an education, it’s an all-American inclusive experience! Along with classes and rigorous academic standards, King’s Way has campus community that foster friendships that usher one another toward success. While students will be fully immersed in American life with their host family, King’s Way also provides monthly outings in and around town, such as attending an NBA game, exploring the corn maze at the pumpkin patch, Thanksgiving dinner at the Principal’s home, and Zoo Lights at the Portland Zoo.
Our graduates gain entrance to many prestigious American universities and are influential and confident in their work and their purpose in life.
Nana, Class of '22
Toto, Class of '21
Betty, Class of '22
Yaoyi, Class of '21
Tyler, Class of '21
Rikako, CLass oF '22
Number of Countries
Year Program Began
Int'l Students to Date
Minimum TOEFL Jr. Score Needed
International Student Admissions
For all international high school students interested in rigorous academics, rich American culture, and attending a school steeped in Christian faith and tradition, please follow the process outlined below.
Apply to King's Way
- TOEFL Jr. Score of 750 or more
- High School Transcript
- School Progress Report
- Parent Evaluation
- Student Self-Evaluation
Placement Agencies Form or recommendation from the student’s English teacher
- One-page essay: “Why I would like to attend King’s Way and what I would contribute.”
- Statement from bank with proof of funding
INterview with us
We’ll schedule a virtual interview with you to go over the items sent.
After the interview, we’ll email you to let you know if your appliation is approved or denied.
Reserve YOur Seat
- $1,000 Tuition Deposit
- Copy of the student’s passport
- Immunization Form
TUITION AND FEES
Initial Deposit & Fees
$50 application fee (non-refundable)
To be paid when the school application is submitted. The application fee is non-refundable.
$1,000 Tuition Deposit
The deposit holds the spot of the student and is applied toward tuition. The deposit is needed before the I-20 is issued and is non-refundable.
- Medical Insurance (Agency provided)
- Host family stipend and Agency fees (where applicable).
- Textbooks/ebooks and course fees
- School supplies and lunch
- Housing, health insurance, student travel expenses, spending money, government fees, and other expenses not stated in the table below are the responsibility of the student.
International StudentFull Year Tuition
- Use of a laptop for the year
- 2nd-4th year students receive up to 30 hours of professional tutoring
- 1st year students take a daily tutoring class with the International Student Coodinator
- Monthly cultural outings
- ASB and co-curricular activities such as dances, home-games admission, and rooter bus
- Sports Fees (up to 3 athletic sports per year)
Coming to King’s Way Through an Agency
The following agencies can be contacted for application, host family, and other assistance throughout the process. CSIET-listed agencies:
- Private School Exchange (website: www.pse-edu.org) – If you are interested in applying through PSE for international admission, please contact Private School Exchange at 503.222.9803 or email@example.com.
- AmeriStudent (website: www.ameristudent.com) – If you are interested in applying through AmeriStudent, please contact Eric Jan with AmeriStudent at 877.385.8425 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are interested in applying through Greenheart Exchange (www.greenheartexchange.org) 1.360.213.5132 or Kristin Babby at email@example.com Toll Free: 1.855.722.2094
Vancouver & Portland have something for everyone: exciting activities, outdoor adventures, vibrant waterfronts, Instagram-worthy cuisine, and breathtaking views.